View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 24, 2013, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

You've already been told going for help when you don't need to is not a great idea. So I won't pile on there.

However, you say,
Quote:
I asked my partner if he had anything different and he replied with 'I couldn't see a tag, the runner was in my way.'

I signaled the girl out again and then the fun began. The coach wanted to argue that my partner was saying there was no tag.
Sounds like coach overheard your conversation with partner. That should never happen. Not sure if you shouted across at partner something like, "Do you have anything!?" or for some reason had your conversation with partner near the coach... either way, that should NEVER happen.

You get together, you talk about whatever you need to talk about ("What are you getting for Millie's wedding?"), you disperse, and then you make the call (again in this case).

Heaven forbid, when you have this conversation so that coach can hear it ... this "appeasement" conversation, and partner (whom you already don't trust) pipes up with, "I thought she beat the throw". Now you have a true clusterfunk on your hands.

West Houston Mike