View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 24, 2013, 02:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outathm View Post
... snap ...

Now, normally I would have ejected him at this point. I say normally, but yesterday, I w ejected a coach and after the ejection, the UIC, came to the field and told me that he was allowing the coach to watch the game from the stands, as long as he didn't coach.

... snap ...
The biggest mistake you've made this game was to continue the game. I.m.h.o. it wasn't a mistake to confer with your partner. It showed that the two of you are a team! When the coach got over the line you've tossed him. Good thing. When the UIC crossed the line the only thing you can do is walk away from the field. Mistake.

A ejected player or coach has to leave. No UIC, Director or President can (nor may) change that. The UIC made you look like a fool, was out of line, shouldn't interfere during the game. The umpires on the diamond are in charge during the game, the UIC after and before.

I've had a similar UIC-interference last month. My partner and I applied a wrong base-award. We've followed the UIC in his ruling. Instead we had to to stick to our ruling and let the coaches file a protest. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN. Not in our National competition, not during ESF tournaments. Coaches may file a protest, UIC's may not tell umpires what to do during the game. Afterwards he can tell me what I've done wrong, so I can learn from it...

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?