View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 01, 2003, 03:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
I don't think that you'll see the exact wording until the new rulebooks and casebooks come out,Nevada. All the NFHS has given out so far,that I know of,is the information and explanation on their website.

http://www.nfhs.org/Sports/basketball_comments.htm

If this is true, then Juules may not be incorrect afterall. Padgett's post made it sound like he had seen the new rulebook or at least the wording of the rule, not just the comments. I don't see how he and this guy Howard can tell her that she was wrong when we simply don't know yet whether or not the NFHS is going to incorporate the NCAA women's slot assignment into the new rule. She may turn out to be right. Right now, we have one of those questions whose answer is (D) Not enough information.
We are also running a summer league here, and I would like to use the new FT administration during these games so that the coaches and players know about it and get used to it before the upcoming season. However, not knowing for sure whether or not the spaces are assigned to one team only makes me think that it may not be a good idea to use it in summer play, since it may actually cause more confusion to do it one way now and later find out that the rule is the other way for the regular season.