View Single Post
Old Fri May 31, 2013, 01:10pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Once again, I do not think Tyler H is penalized for a push or not a push. He is penalized (rightfully so) for approaching Birdman and helping escalate the incident. If that happens in a NCAA or NF game I am working, it is an easy decision on my part. Do not tell me folks allow a player to do that and not do anything to them?

Peace
By "approaching" Anderson, I assume you are referring to the 6 inch step Hansbrough took toward Anderson? If that is "approaching" then you must have a lot of T's in your games...

Now maybe he said something he shouldn't have. Fine, give him the T. But no way did Hansbrough get up and go after Anderson. And to give both of them the same penalty for that altercation is, imo, ridiculous.

My other thought on this is why did it take the official so long to get in there. He blew the whistle on the initial cheap shot move by Anderson, and then just stood out there. Maybe closing in and getting in there could have stopped the rest of this? Maybe not...not sure I would want to get in between those two, but at least get into the area and make your presence known.