View Single Post
Old Tue May 28, 2013, 12:33am
Official Forum Member

Talking Just when you think you've seen it all on an amateur ball field...

...along comes this weird incident, which occurred last Thursday night, May 23rd, in a 10U Little League game my association assigns. One of our younger umpires, who is the son of one of our top veterans (himself a former MiLB Umpire), was working this game. Rather than relay what happened, I'll share Justin's words in the Email he sent me the next day:
Quote:

This is Justin. As you know I had a game last night at 7:30 in Western Springs for the 10 and under Little League on the main field. During the 5th inning I had a bit of a surprise, a streaker ran onto the field in his shorts/underwear. He came over the fence on the 1st base side crossed half of the field then ran toward center field where he flipped over the fence and disappeared. If I had to guess I’d say he was somewhere between 16-20 yrs old, definitely not a little kid but not an adult either. Nothing really came of this as he didn’t return and the police were not involved, however he did get a standing ovation from the home team parents. Other than that the game was as normal as they come. Not the biggest deal, just a good story and something I thought you should be made a aware of.

Thank you.

Justin
Now, this is my 36th year of umpiring. I've witnessed some bizarre stuff occur, but it's mostly involved the on field action. Never have I experienced what occurred in Justin's game. Wow!