View Single Post
Old Tue May 21, 2013, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
If the teams have supplied the correct information to the scorer, and they transcribe it incorrectly, I'm not charging a technical foul for the corrections.

Ever.

I know some areas have the coaches proofread the book and sign off on it, and there is some rules justification for calling the T any time you make a change after 10:00. I think the spirit of the rule is clear, though, in that the intent is not to punish a team for a scorekeeper's clerical error.
Same here. I had that come up in an NYC borough championship game in '11-12. I only mention the level of the contest because the league printed flyers with the rosters and the scorekeeper used the flyer to put names/numbers in the book. Unfortunately, the league left a player off of the flyer. We were alerted and the R ruled no T since the kid couldn't have gotten into the gym if he hadn't been on the roster lsited on the league's web site.

A pregame count didn't catch it because the team in question only had nine players and there were 12 in the book.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)