View Single Post
Old Fri May 17, 2013, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Exploring a nuance in the rules and came up with a disagreement here. 4 situations. Both Fed and ASA rulings please.

A) 2 outs, bases loaded, batter hits one out of the park. BR misses first base and is properly appealed after all four runners enter the dugout. How many runs score?

B) 2 outs, bases loaded, batter hits one out of the park. R3 misses second base and is properly appealed after all four runners enter the dugout. How many runs score?

C) 1 out, bases loaded, batter hits one out of the park. BR misses first base and R3 misses second base. Defense properly appeals R3, and then BR after all four runners enter the dugout. How many runs score?

D) 1 out, bases loaded, batter hits one out of the park. BR misses first base and R3 misses second base. Defense properly appeals BR, and then R3 after all four runners enter the dugout. How many runs score?
My take:

A) 0 runs, third out was a force out.

B) 0 runs, third out was a force out.

C) 0 runs, third out was a force out.

D) I would say 2 runs score, R1, and R2. B-R is out for failing to touch 1b, then R3 is out for failing to touch 2nd base. Due to a preceding runner being retired (B-R), R3 is out, but this is not a force out. I would then be hearing both coach out complaining about the situation.