View Single Post
Old Tue May 14, 2013, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
Yesterday I had the following two situations in a JV game.

First, during the top of the first inning the pitcher takes a hard line shot off the knee which bounces to F5 who has no player. As soon as I see no playing action I stop play. The coach comes out to tend to the injured player.

After a couple minutes the pitcher is able to stand up and walk it off. I give her a couple practice pitches to make sure she is able to pitch after the injury. The trainer is called from the baseball field but does not arrive until after the end of the half inning. We start the next half inning with a leadoff hit. When b2 should be up she isnt available. The trainer has arrived and is evaluating the pitcher/b2. How long do other umpires think is reasonable to wait for treatment before declaring the batter out (team had no subs)?

It took about a minute to finish treatment and for her to get ready to bat.

The treatment is being given by the host school training to a visiting team player.

The second situation was batter-runner who washit with a thrown ball thatcut her finger. She was out on the play. As her team comes out for thenext inning, no catcher appears. The catcher has been the cut player. How long is reasonable to allow treatment.

As far as I can tell rule 3-3-10 applies in the second situation. I dont see anything in the rules regarding a non-bleeding injury but how should it be handled. Right or wrong I allowed the injured players both a couple minutes to become ready to play instead of invoking 7-4-1 and declaring the batter out.
Looks ok.