Thread: T or no T
View Single Post
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I agree, but we don't know nor can we tell how loud he is asking (I have worked with quiet talkers) and it is clear she doesn't see him. Once she does notice she just turns and heads towards the ball. In my experience this is the calmest "showing up" an official I have ever seen. She just looks clueless from this clip and doesn't come off like its attitude laden. I mean its 8 seconds of video, I wish there was some context.
Some of the context of this situation is discernible: 2nd half of the ballgame; player heads towards her bench. So, she probably has 2 or more fouls and knew she would sit, due to this foul call and her coach's philosophy. The official, if he thought to T her for her actions, knew it would further affect her playing, and might incite her coach to complain about being too strict. And thinking that she was going to sit, anyway, he may have thought to not T her, but just comment to her as she passed by him.
I work for an assignor who would definitely consider a T in this situation to be excessive, unfortunately.