View Single Post
Old Mon May 26, 2003, 05:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tkistre
I finally heard back from one of the local contacts listed on ASA's web site for my area. He claimed that I could not get a rule book since I was not an umpire or a manager that had a team. He did offer to answer my question since he was a "chief umpire", so I posted the exact question that I asked here and he basically said that she "can" jump out of the box and the pitches should be called as they were, ball or strike.
That's true. Managers and umpires pay a registration fee that includes the rule book. You can get a rule book on line @ http://www.softball.org.

That fact that she can jump out of the box is also true and the umpire should call it whatever they deemed the pitch was, ball or strike. I don't believe anyone argued that point. The debate is whether this could continue without the umpire offering a warning or ruling a strike for the batter being in violation of ASA Rule 7.3.C