View Single Post
Old Sun May 25, 2003, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralph Stubenthal
whoever calls the foul becomes C opposite the table. Then, whoever is in Lead will become Trail on the end where the shots will occur and the old Trail will become Lead on the end where the shots will occur.
You got it!
Maybe I'm missing Tony's point, but I don't think Ralph's description is right. Yes, whoever calls the foul goes opposite to the C position. But the Old Trail does not necessarily become the new Lead. What if it's the Old Trail that called the foul? Then s/he becomes the C, not the new Lead.

Whoever calls the foul becomes the C opposite, which almost always forces one or both of the other officials to adjust to table-side.

This is, I'm pretty sure, how we'd switch in this situation in the NCAA men's game (I don't do any 3-whistle for HS):

1) If the calling official is Lead, opposite the table, then s/he "slides" to the new C position and the Old Trail "slides" downcourt and over to become the new Lead tableside. The old C becomes the new Trail for the FTs.

2) If the calling official is Lead, tableside, then s/he switches with the C official and the old C becomes the new T as they move to the frontcourt for the FTs.

3) If the calling official is C, opposite, then all 3 officials stay in their positions and "slide" into the frontcourt.

4) If the calling official is C, tableside, then basically everybody just moves to the opposite side of the floor from where they started.

5) If the calling official is T, opposite, then s/he becomes new C. Old C becomes new Lead, Old Lead becomes new Trail.

6) If the calling official is T, tableside, then s/he becomes new C and old C becomes new Lead for the FTs. Old Lead "slides" upcourt to become new Trail.

Is this how it works for FED?

Chuck

[Edited by ChuckElias on May 27th, 2003 at 11:37 AM]