View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 10, 2013, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

I'm coming a little late to the party here but I agree only one player with a bat out of the dugout. And I'm pretty sure that was the intent from NFHS with regard to how the rule is inforced. Again a safety issue, somewhere the 2nd batter due up that inning hit the lead off batter in the back of the head with a practice swing knocking her out.

As it has been told to me one circle, one batter in it. Funny story about that, ASA 18U GOLD qualifier in my state last year I enforced this and got the 'are you kidding me' sort of response and 'never heard that before' etc. After telling the coach a second time and him getting more arguementitive I asked him "do you REALLY want to argue this with me?" He finally realized this was a moot point and not that big of a deal and not worth fighting over. So now fast forward ahead a couple of months and move to OKC at the GOLD Championship. Guess who the plate umpire is for this same teams 2nd pool play game....yep Karma is a weird thing huh? Was hilarious, coach recognized me and after the plate conference I heard him walk up to his dugout and say "Ok girls only one batter out of the dugout swinging a bat at a time." I had to laugh, guess he figured out it wasn't worth fighting over in that couple months!!