View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
Most of the old timers (such as myself) got sick of trolls and the attitude problems that befell this board many years ago. Garth couldn't post anything without the troll of the time on his back. Dave Hensley and Bob Pariseau bailed when the moon units from the dying McGruff's board invaded this board. There was a point where we were Ignoring so many people, we couldn't keep track. The Private Message system was our only means of communicating without the "invaders" until Pete, Garth, Tim C & I decided to crush the "invaders" by posting and posting while totally ignoring the trolls and idiots. We begged Dave and Bob to come back but I only saw a coupe of hits from them and then no more.

You newer people have no idea what we old guys have been through to keep together since the days of billboards. That's why those of us that are left seem to get crusty on people when they play their little games of arguing when the whole world is telling them that they are wrong.

Oh, and let's not forget Lance, the Umpire's Umpire! He always came in when the $hit was really hitting the fan and his posts were a great comedy relief!
I miss McGriff's...