View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 02:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
Rut, to quote one of your posts on another thread, stop it. I have to agree with Camron's take. If you wouldn't call a travel, that's fine. The way you're describing the situation, though, reminds me of Bill Clinton's "it depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is" line from the Lewinsky hearings.

I could slow the video down a little more but that would just take up time. Burke caught the ball. Again, if you wouldn't call a travel that's cool. You're not the only one. This really isn't one of those plays where we need to go over the act of catching the ball like it's the Zapruder film.
I honestly do not give a crap what take you agree with. I do not recall I am asking for approval on my position. I just think that this looked like a "bat the ball to the ground" play I see 100 times. And if it was so obvious, why would someone say it should not be called why saying it was "technically" a travel? I thought someone said you must call these "technical" travels? If that is the case, then please call this. Just do not complain when someone looks at you and says, WTF and thinks you have no judgment.

I am also a clinician in my state. Which means I am one of many that can run a camp and instructed on how to teach officials how to do their jobs. What often happens when I evaluate games when I am observing officials I often ask them, "What did you see?" Then when they tell me, I either evaluate based on what they say as well. Officials on the floor see different things than we see on these plays from a non-officiating position. I know many of you here think that because you see something on the tape that is obvious to you, but officials when asked give interesting explanations. And often their explanation is not far-fetched or even wrong, they just see plays differently because they did not rule these things in slow motion and with some standard that applies to your experience. And to me I would rather ask the official in question than people watching the game that want to make every thing nefarious as to why a play is called or not called from your thinking.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 02:49pm.