View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman View Post
I was watching the game when it happened. The announcers weren't miffed, just confused until it was reported. It was pretty blatant so it needed to be called. If you are calling it in most high school games, maybe you need to start working on preventative officiating. You can usually tell when a kid is going to aggressively harass the inbounder..... they get all excited before you even hand the ball to the thrower. Take a few seconds to remind the jacked-up kid what will happen if he violates the invisible plane prior to the throw-in. Then you won't see it so much.
Thanks Zebra. I bring it up in the captains meeting and also remind the coaches before the game. I will talk to upper officials in our area to see what they think. Is this one of these rules that's really not a rule unless the defender contacts the thrower-inner?

I am just surprised that in so many games the defenders feet land out of bounds regularly right in front of the official. Obviously the plane was broken, why no call?