View Single Post
Old Sat May 24, 2003, 02:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JEL
Yep, I get your point also.
This has been in SOFT, and BASE ball. No local ruling on this, just learned from my obvservation of the "Old Timers". I dont mind it, but if it is illegal, I wanted to stop it before another coach starts to gripe. Thanks for all responses. PS, I'll try and get the right boards next time, eyesight not to good you know!

[Edited by JEL on May 24th, 2003 at 01:29 PM]
JEL,

Please don't take my posts the wrong way. I am glad you are here and asking questions. However, the games are different. Many of the rules are similar, but some are handled in a totally opposite fashion.

It can be difficult to have an intelligent discussion when discussing two different sets of rules. And it's not just baseball v softball, it is often one sanctioning body v another. If you read through the board, you will often see the poster qualify the thread by noting the association rules under which the game in question was played.

BTW, if you are relying solely on OJT through emulation of the "old timers", I would suggest you find some serious training when possible. While veterans are a valuable source of knowledge, you may end up with some old material and myths which could get you in trouble down the road. As a UIC, I experience more problems with beliefs of some veterans' beliefs than I do the rookies.

Welcome to the board