View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 07, 2013, 06:59am
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
If someone is lying in this case, I choose to beileve Sean Miller over Ed Rush.

.Rush had a personal problem with Miller. He did not lilke him. I beileve, based on what I have read, that he took an opportunity to get him back through his officials, and by circumstance, you can make the case that it happened.

As someone who officiated, supervised, and now evaluates...
And there you have it — you are choosing to believe that Ed is lying. Who knows why. Maybe you have a vendetta against him??? It sure sounds like you are not a fan.

You are choosing to believe an anonymous, likely disgruntled, source who's account contradicts what Rush has said. The Pac-12 did its own investigation, interviewed EVERYBODY, and got the story of what really happened — a joke that was not targeted at ANYONE, but that was about bench decorum in general. That is also what Ed said in his interview, which was too late to sway any public opinion since the anonymous source's version has already been out for days.

I was also personally told by someone in the Pac-12 office that the statement was NOT repeated twice ... Another mad up lie either by the source or the sports media.

Obviously people are going to choose to believe what they want. When fans and coaches and sports writers believe the worst about officials, I expect it. When officials do the same, I'm disappointed.

Ed Rush is 72 years old and has made huge contributions to officiating — certainly more than anyone on this board. He assisted with training for the PAC-12 for the past 2-3 years before being the coordinator ... Simply trying to help better officials. Through a career as an NBA official, then coordinator of NBA officials, then coordinator of the Pac-12 the only bad things the media can say about him are these recent comments, which were completely perverted from the truth, and a 10+ year old remark from Mark Cuban about Dairy Queen.

That someone could be maligned so quickly in the sports media based on a single anonymous source is frightening. (Do you think they would EVER do that to a coach?!) ... That officials buy into the spin right along with everyone else, is disappointing.