View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 07, 2013, 06:43am
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
I will believe Sean Miller over Ed Rush.
With this and your other comments about Ed, it's you that sounds bitter.

It's amazingly hypocritical to say that we have to take Sean Miller at his word, but not apply the same standard to Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
You kick a call, you have to give the coach a little leeway. Not middle of court F-bomb leeway, but Miller was not completely out of line. An evaluator is giving Irving a double minus on that T, and dinging the crew for missing that call.
I don't think anyone has disputed the kicked call ... Nor the tech, except within the context that the official called it because he was bribed — something in my opinion that is completely false.

Kicked call. Not a great T. That's not what this thread is about though.

[QUOTE=TheOracle;889298You sound bitter about your T deal. It happens. Keep doing what you do, and if it is meant to be, you'll ascend and prove the coach wrong.[/QUOTE]

Just because I adamantly believe that something is wrong does not make me bitter. I am not bitter towards anyone about it — not the coach nor the coordinator ... It's simply the system and what is accepted that needs to be changed.

And I appreciate the pep talk, but I took a year off from officiating last year ... Which turned into two this year. Focused on other things now, so I don't really see myself going back to it — too much of a headache.

But I do think that your statement about ascending if you keep doing the right things is true ... It's just going to happen elsewhere for me than officiating. Well, on the court anyway.