View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 03, 2013, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post
What a great clip. It's unscripted, uncut and obviously from the heart.

It's rare that the public gets to see this type of genuine apology from a public figure like this.

Best wishes to him as he puts his life and career back together. He'll be a better husband, father and coach for having walked down this pathway with such honesty and accountability.
I'm going to assume this is not sarcasm.

I had a chance to get to know Rice a little bit during my coaching days when I worked several Eastern Invitational camps when Rice was the director there. He's also a friend of the guy whose staff I was on.

He can be really fun to have a few beers with and hang around for a while and there seems to be a decent guy in there somewhere but I am not all that surprised to see him lose control and let his intensity get the best of him.

He is one of those people that is just always "on." Every other word out of his mouth is a F bomb. It's how he talks to everybody.

All that said, the behavior on tape is just inexcusable at any level. He definitely has some issues that need professional help/attention. I hope he's getting it.

Unfortunately, I don't see how any school can hire him ANY time soon with this tape out there. I hope he can stay connected to the game b/c he does have a true passion for basketball and really knows the game. But this tape is going to hang over his head for the rest of his life....