Thread: Job offer
View Single Post
Old Fri May 23, 2003, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

Well I was chit chatting with the head umpire in our league today. He mentioned that he was short on umpires this year and then me and him were just discussing some rules and some good games around th park (I really love hanging out at the ball parks and watching games...even when I'm not coaching). So then he asked me if I'd be interested in helping him out...he said he sounded like I knew my stuff pretty well and I'm always out there anyways. I told him I'd do it for him. I start next week, and he obviously wasn't lying when he said he was a little short cause I've I got 3 double headers and a total of 8 games next week. I will be doing it all on an 11-12 year old field. I'm a little nervous cause I don't want to mess anything up, but honestly on't think I could mess it up worse then the guys he's got out there.

So I guess I'm stepping in to look at it from an umpire's view and expect to develope a whole new respect for the position. Any rookie advice? Cautions?

Thank you all for your previous help and you can probably expect some new questions from me after next week.