View Single Post
Old Fri May 23, 2003, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JEL
ASA rules, (and any other which apply), girls fast pitch. Had a situation where at half inning, as defense was taking field, F5 takes mound and throws 3 pitches, then walks over to 3rd base, and original pitcher re-takes mound. This was done probably because offense had all girls out on field, (on deck) timing warm-ups. Offense posed this question, If F3 throws warm-up, does she have to throw at least one pitch to a batter? Questions are, 1. Was defense action illegal? I cant find a rule which applies. 2. Was offense action illegal? I found ruling which does not allow multiple on deck batters during half inning, is this enforced? I have never seen it but have seen the warm-ups by all batters. 3. I allowed play as stated above, did I blow it? I know both coaches were playing the mind game with each other, it did not seem to be detremental to the game, but what is proper action here?
No. Anyone can take the warm-ups, but they are still limited to 5 (FP) or one minute regardless of who throws them.

1. No
2. No. This period was during a suspension of play and there are no restrictions on anyone during this period as long as they do not delay the start of the inning.
3. There was nothing for you to do other then monitor the number of warm-ups thrown by any player from the team taking up their defensive positions.