Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hot topic..

Quote:
Originally posted by oatmealqueen
Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:
Originally posted by oatmealqueen

For once, the sanctioning bodies have been the level-headed ones in what many consider a crisis situation.

I'm not sure that I would call the banning of the double walls, and then letting the hotter, more dangerous, (IMHO) Miken Ultra II a level headed decision.
I hate to say this, OMQ, but you do know not of what you speak.

Mike
I've been accused of not knowing what I'm talking about before, so don't feel so bad.
I guess I'm a little discouraged about the whole bat/ball issue. I'm a league director, and ASA commish, with about 200 teams in my jurisdiction, and every night presents new problems.
We've banned composites from COED, getting close to banning from other leagues.
Has anyone caught any flak from leagues that have banned?
Okay, then you probably do have a decent idea of what I am stating, but it certainly didn't sound like it from the previous statement. My apologies if you may have been offended.

I do understand the frustration and, no, where it has been banned there have been zero complaints in my area. For that matter, a couple of people who use them have even admitted they need to go.

I think the only people who will complain are those who have had their egos expanded through the additional power provided by these bats and will lose that edge when the bat is gone.

My response is, "TOO BAD!" A true player doesn't need it to know how to win ballgames.