View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 01, 2013, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Jumping in late here - was busy with family yesterday. First thought was that the pc call was not good. And the whole "gotta have a whistle when players go to the floor" is not correct. We do need to know how they went to the floor, know what happened, but we don't need a whistle just because, and this play is the proof of that.

My second thought...I actually burst out laughing when the Baylor coach had her hissy fit. What in the world makes coaches think that going straight to the tearing off of the jacket is somehow intimidating to us? She looked like a clown. A clown that should have been whacked, but still a clown.

No idea why the earlier crap was not dealt with...but I think this game just cost those three any more games in this tournament.
Coach Mulkey and Gino Areama (?) are so over the top and really do a disservice to their programs when they act like this. They act like petulant children.

It looked like Mulkey was ripping off her jacket to have a throw down with Barlow. I am quite surprised she didn't get T'd.

For the officials that say this was a good call, you need to have some understanding as to what the NCAA is teaching. On B/C plays they don't want us to reward players that are flopping, the preference is a no-call, and if it happens again call them for a block. Contact is supposed to be evaluated on a To and Through basis. The contact was to (if that) and the T reacted to the over the top flop. Unfortunately she had the worse look of the 3 officials.

As for the last foul on Griner. The L just looked really bad on the double clutch and lateness of the call. For those of you that say it was the L's or the C's call to make, in those situations the entire crew is going to have an opinion on the play because they are all watching the same thing everyone else is....THE BALL. If the C does not have a whistle, then the L will. He had the choice of 2 defenders, the C had 2 defenders to look through, making it a tough call for her to make.