View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 01, 2013, 04:33am
Call it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Alex View Post
Rule 3 Sec. 4. GLOVES & MITTS.
Any player may wear a glove, but only the catcher and first baseman may use mitts.
a. No top lacing, webbing, or other device between the thumb and body of the glove or mitt worn by a first baseman or catcher or a glove worn by any fielder, shall be more than 12.7cm (5 in) in length.
b. Gloves worn by any player may be any combination of colors, provided none of the colors (including the lacing) are the color of the ball.
c. Gloves with white, gray, or yellow optic circles on the outside, giving the appearance of a ball, are illegal for all players. (SEE APPENDIX 5 FOR DRAWING AND SPECIFICATIONS)
This is the ISF rule correct?

Here is NFHS and ASA

NFHS Rule 1 section 4 ART. 1 . Gloves/mitts shall:

a. Be a maximum of two colors excluding lacing and manufacturer's logo
colors. Lacing shall not be the color of the ball.

b. Not be entirely optic in color.

c. Not have an optic-colored marking 0n the outside or inside that gives the appearance of the ball.

d. Be permitted to have one American flag not to exceed 2 inches by 3 inches.
e. Not be judged as distracting by the umpire.

ASA Rule 3 section 4 Glove/Mitt

A Glove / Mitt may be worn by any player. The dimensions of any glove / mitt used by any fielder shall not exceed the specifications set forth below ( see drawing and specifications). (Fast Pitch) The Pitcher's glove may be of one solid color or Multicolored as long as the color(s) are not of the ball being used in the game.