View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 01, 2013, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

My honest opinion

I've seen a ton of calls I have not agreed with so far this tourney season (men and women).

The above mentioned Baylor-Louisville game is the most controversial.

My biggest complaint about the tourney has not been with the officiating, it is with the rules.

How many times have we witnessed a team without a timeout remaining getting extra time while the officials review how much time is on the clock. This rule has the potential to significantly alter the ending of a game.

The handling of clock issues should be the same as rule 5-10 of the NFHS book. Spending 2 minutes to determine if the clock should read 2.3 or 2.4 remaining is ridiculous when it gives a team what amounts to an additional time out to set up a play they otherwise would not have a chance to set up if the element of human error was still allowed.

If the officials know an error occurred then they should be allowed to review, which has happened a couple times this tourney (like a full second off the clock for example), but when we are talking about the margin of human error) roughly .14 for reaction time we are to nit picky.