View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 30, 2013, 07:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I have never used it to make the call either, but physics plays a part in most things. Show me a video and I may say, "Gee, you're right. That's easier than I thought."
Then why bring it up...first it's stupid to complain about a player going 17 feet (according to you) without a dribble. The guy is 6'6! If you really want to go down this line of thinking it's very conceivable that a player could cover this ground without a dribble...especially with momentum (like the player had here). And no physics don't play a part in adjudicating this play. This line of thinking (distance covered) is the crap that gets officials to call legal plays travels because they looked funny.

Now do I think the player traveled here? I do, but he was pretty damn close to gathering the ball with both feet in the air. This no where near as obvious as you made it out to be. You also exaggerated this play saying he ended his dribble at the 3 point line. The guy is a good foot or two inside the 3 point line.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.