View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 07:59pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
....I love it when JAR tries to suggest that officials are just passing on calls on purpose.

This is not a new concept and I was not alone in the opinion. From '07:

ncaa traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref

I have seen more plays in the tournament this year that make me spontaneously point (travel! that's a travel) than ever before. It seem that d1 is catching up to what is allowed in the nba. Or is that just my take?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
.....it seems pretty obvious that a lot of refs lean toward leniency rather than strictness. I disagree that the only blatant travels yesterday were at the beginning of the dribble. I saw at least two that were on clear breaks to the basket. No question about allowing an extra step or two after the ball was clearly gathered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Some of the "jump stops" are BLATANT travels. A player cannot gather the ball and jump off BOTH feet and land. That's a very easy call but I see it ignore constantly, in high school and college, even in the NCAA Tournament when the best of the best are working.

I've read where people say they "don't want my playoff game to turn into a bunch of travel calls." That's a BS copout. If officials were more consistent in calling it, the problem wouldn't exist.

Yes, JAR, you are correct. It's a HUGE disadvantage for the defense.

And from last year:

Travel much?

Lonesome Dove

Last edited by just another ref; Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 09:20pm.