Thread: Who Is "They?"
View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 22, 2013, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Again, I expect officials to do what is the expected standard in their little corner of their state, however.

The player tells you he isn't wearing an erring. The coach tells you that all his players are legally equipped. Yet you still insist that the player pull off his tape. You have just, in essence, accused both the player, and his coach, of being liars, and that's not the way I want my game to go before we've even tossed up the jump ball.

Let's say that after questioning both the player, and the coach, about the tape, the official still insists that the player pull off the tape, and there's no earing, just a cut. Now the official has just, in essence, accused two people of being liars, incorrectly, for no reason. Again, not the way I want to start my game.

Or, let's say that after questioning both the player, and the coach, about the tape, the official still insists that the player pull off the tape, and there is an earing, proving that both the player, and the coach, are, indeed, liars. They've been exposed for what they really are, liars, and also, they're embarrassed liars. Again, not the way I want to start my game.

Again, if asking players to remove tape is the excepted standard in an association, then that's the way you have to do it. I have no problem with that.
What a bunch of nonsense. I am thanking my lucky stars I don't work in your little corner.