Thread: NFHS rule test
View Single Post
Old Wed May 21, 2003, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RILAX Send a message via Yahoo to RILAX
Question

Ok hear is what I have:

#7 : The penalty for fighting is a 3-minute full-time expulsion foul.

NFHS: F-However I see nothing wrong, only thing is that the “full-time” wording is not proper?

#12 A crosse without a guard stop is a broken stick and not illegal.

NFHS: T
Agree that is not illegal however the rule book only states that it should be removed until a stop is placed on the stick.

#19 A coach may request an equipment check at any time ….

NFHS : T
The rules say (4-29-1) “A head coach’s request for an equipment inspection… shall occur during a dead-ball situation. I would say False then.

#28 It is a slashing foul to strike an opponent with the crosse or stick on the back.

NFHS: F
Why is hitting an opponent in the back w/ ones crosse NOT a slash, I would say the statement is T.

#44 Goals must always be 80 yards apart.

NFHS: F
The diagram shows the goals 40 yards from the end line, 40+40=80. I see no rule like the NCAA one for altering the field any.

#46 The table area is 10 yards on each side of the midline.

FALSE it is 5 yards on each side, 5+5=10.

#65 A team may call a time-out when the ball is dead or when the team has possession of the ball anywhere on the field.
NFHS F

I say true, can’t see where that is an incorrect statement.

#77 During the course of the game, the handle of A1’s crosse becomes bent. The coach of team B asks for a stick check on A1. The officials agree that the stick is bent, and a three-minute, non-releasable penalty is assessed.
NFHS: false

True, a player can’t play with a stick which has an altered handle and having it bent is altering it.

#85 In a flag-down situation, the official shall withhold his whistle until a shot is taken that does not result in a goal.

False, one reason to stop play is a missed shoot, the are others.

#88 When a penalty occurs and the ball is in the offended team’s defensive half of the field, the ball is awarded at the center “x”.

I would say false. If there was a time serving foul or goalie interference w/ possession then yes move the ball to “x”. Otherwise no.