View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 21, 2013, 07:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Still, no matter how much a player practices at any given distance, the laws of physics will still always say that the ability to make a shot will go down in relation to the distance....even if the player is sufficiently strong and maintains perfect form at any distance. The effective target gets smaller and smaller the farther away it gets and, as a result, gets more difficult to hit.
Yes if that were the only determining factor I would agree. Someone with the actual science would have to confirm, but anecdotally having to adjust/practice to compensate for loss of results for 1 factor (distance) seems more repeatable to me. Having to adjust body, tragectory, release point, counterbalance fighting biomechanics and energy producers to keep the ball on line and on lift vs 1 or defensive players and potential contact seems like its more difficult to repeat in a uncontrolled environment. Now we are back to practice though.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!