View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Only in slo-mo might there be a technical travel. The player catches the ball in the air and lands with the left foot first. He's clearly in the action of starting a dribble when the left foot leaves the ground -- very hard to tell whether the ball leaves his hand first.

In real time, it's a no call (almost) always.
It is difficult from that angle to see if the third step starts before the ball is picked up though it looks that way from here but from my view it looks like he lands left-right- then goes and puts his left foot down again. Now if the ball is out of his hand before he lifts the left then obviously its good. IMO it looks like he's still holding the ball while he takes most of that/ if not all the third step.

That may just be a local application difference. We've been asked to be certain the ball is out the hand before the backfoot comes up, anything close in high level games we are expected to call the footwork. (And yes preseason high school and university games were a mess until coaches and players adjusted.)

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!

Last edited by Pantherdreams; Wed Mar 13, 2013 at 09:14am.