View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 09:05am
Official Forum Member

1- *PC. I feel like he's exaggerating the contact but the offense is also going into/through the chest and position he legally obtained with no attempt to slow up or avoid. Don't want to give him this call but can't let offense just push way to the basket. Different angle or closeup mght tell me more.

2- NC - Ball is released well before contact, contact is minimal and has no impact on the play either way.

3 - No Call - Not enough there to go either way.

4 - Travel

5 - PC collision sends 2 defenders to the deck and is the offenses responsibility.

6 - NC - Shot is already off offense is trying to avoid d. Defender gets grazed and bails out.

All this being said I'm trying to look at each as a stand alone. If there are this many bodies on the floor in and under shooters al game (looks like a lot of flopping going on) by the 3rd or 4th quarter my standard may be impacted in terms of beliving the d is ever there and getting hit. I'm also going to become more sensitive to airborned shooter landing in and on someone who's choosing to go to ground.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!