Thread: Weird Stuff
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 10, 2013, 09:53pm
Back from the DL

Weird Stuff

A "weird stuff you've seen" thread is showing up on my state's fanboy site. Here are some highlights:

*"It is technically by rule a violation to dribble the ball over the foul line on a foul shot. But it is never called."

(I believe this is false. I believe it's only a violation when a shooter's foot breaks the plane. Confirm/reject?)

*"JV girls game this year an official called disconcertion during a free throw on the home crowd because they were hollering during the free throw. This happened on 2 successive shots before anyone knew what was going on and the official pointed at the crowd. Everyone involved initially thought it was just a lane violation."

(Never have I heard of this.)

*"During a travel team game just today the opposing coach hollered for a time-out after my free throw shooter already had the ball and was into his routine. Shooter missed, violation was called and he received another shot as a result. First time I have ever saw that one happen in a game."

(I can see disconcertion here, though not sure whether I would call it. Anyone?)

*"I saw a ref in a middle school game call a double dribble on a free throw shooter! Beat that!"

(I can't.)