View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 08, 2013, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
That's it. Same one. The middle picture is definitely thinner than the one posted in the OP... but the device in the middle picture is definitely longer than 2 inches, and is definitely a hair control device (and actually extends FURTHER than the one in the OP).

I think we can agree the one shown in the OP is not a plastic visor, is not a bandana, and is not a hair bead.
The item in the middle picture looks more like a conventional headband to me. It wraps around and connects in the back of the back and is being worh near the brow in front, unlike the hard plastic item pictured above.

I'd have to say that headbands and hair control devices must fall into two separate categories. If they were one and the same, then the item in the NFHS picture definitely wouldn't be legal, as it is longer than two inches.

The rule itself seems to distinguish between the two. It refers to "headwear" as items like caps, visors, headbands and ribbons. For "items used to control the hair" it references "bobby pins, barrettes and hair clips".

Which category do you think the item Manny posted falls under?

(I have now spent more time playing fashion police than I hope to have to spend all season!)

Last edited by BretMan; Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 12:51pm.