Fashionista ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
2008-09 NFHS Basketball Case 2008-09 Changes
PART 1 Comments on the 2008-09 Revisions
HEADBANDS DEFINED AND COLORS ADDED (3-5-3): Any item that goes
around the entire head (elastic strips/bands, pre-wrap, headbands, etc.) shall
meet the rule requirements regarding color, maximum size, logo restrictions and
team uniformity. The colors of black and beige were also added to the list of permissible
colors a team may wear. This change makes the rule more consistent in
application and enforcement. The additional colors will provide student-athletes
with the same low-cost options previously available, while maintaining team uniformity.
We've been told that anything that goes around the head is a headband, anything that goes around only hair is a hair control device. That doesn't stop many officials in my local area from ignoring the rule and leaving their Fashion Police badges in the car. I'm usually a guy who goes by the book, but I was so frustrated this year that I decided that any color, to me, was a school color, and allowed the girls to wear any color headband as long as they all wore the same color. I guess that I was kicking the can down the road to some other official, but I was comfortable with my little compromise.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)