View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 04, 2013, 01:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
I don't think the ball hit the line, but I think we need to remember something about this call. From where the official was, he really didn't have a great look at where it hit because he was looking almost straight down onto the ball hitting the line. Had he been looking at more of an angle rather than straight down he likely gets the call right, but given his position on the play he didn't have a great look and called what he thought he saw.

I will add this as a Michigan fan. That game never should have come down to the last second and a questionable call by the official. Had Michigan taken care of business this game is over before that call becomes important. You can't be a great team letting a 10 point lead slip away with under 5:00 to go, no matter how good the opponent is.
I agree his positioning was bad and not totally unusual in that situation. I just think he guessed and got it wrong.

That being said a win is a win. You win ugly sometimes especially the better teams. Long way to go before we can call any of these teams great.

Peace