View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2013, 06:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicodork View Post
Putting aside the issue of who should have made that call, what about the fact that the refs saw the play, but froze on it, knowing that there was only 10 seconds left. It takes guts to make that call (although not much since it appeared to be a no-brainer).

I still think the biggest travesty was the terrible call a few seconds later with the call on the kid who had the Kansas player lying on him after getting steamrolled! There was no reason for that call, especially since the pass was made out anyways.
One guy worked a Final Four several times and a National Championship game on top of that. Another guy I am almost certain he did as well and worked the NCAA Tournament several times. I do not think courage was part of this call being made or not. Maybe someone pass on it not seeing the entire play and looking for someone else to call it, that is possible. But the lead does not have the background the others do and he passed on the call and according to the NCAA he is the guy to get that call. But I think that has little to do with this situation. I think it was just a play that either was a surprise to those involved or passed on because they felt it should not be called for whatever reason. But I would not want to accuse anyone of not having the courage considering they all have been on national TV multiple times over the years and in much bigger settings.

Peace