View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 20, 2013, 11:28am
This IS My Social Life

I Hate Being Fashion Police, Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
The rule is pretty clear. I asked a player to remove them last week in a boys varsity game. He left the gym, removed them and nobody else said a word. My guess is that players are wearing them (for God knows what reason) with the knowledge that some officials will let it slide, while some will not.
Ditto for me last week. Easy to take care of. No debate or arguments. The coach, in fact, said to the one kid, "See, I told you..."

Next time they say, "But we wore them last game and the officials didn't say anything", Go to the book to see who the officials were and contact them to ask why, if they indeed ignored it, decided to pass the problem along to you.

It's funny how this stuff always seems to get cleaned up in the first round of the post-season state tourney. That's because most know that if they allow some stupid fashion police infraction they might not fare too well in the next state tourney officials' selection process.