View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 19, 2013, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb View Post
Hey guys, been a lurker for a while and finally decided to start posting.

Anyways, here's what I saw: during live action, the lead called a foul on the Michigan St. defender. During the ensuing commercial break, they went to the monitor to review for possible elbow contact by the Indiana player to the head of the defender. Since the defensive foul was already called, they ruled the elbow contact to the head of the defender a dead ball contact technical on the offensive player.

In my opinion, the elbow contact came prior to any illegal contact by the defender so the correct call should have been a flagrant 1 on the offensive player. However, that wasn't really an option once they went to the monitor since the personal foul had already been called.

On a side note, if anyone posts a video, Pat Driscoll's mechanics on that play left something to be desired. He ended up pointing repeatedly at the guy on the ground who had just been elbowed pretty hard to the face. It looked almost like an "in your face" gesture, even though I knew he was just calling a foul on him. Wish he would have pointed lower.
This post is 100% accurate. Welcome to the forum!