View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 18, 2013, 12:28pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekent View Post
Yes, I know the aversion most of you have towards rec. games, but I have a question.

Intramural game last night, player goes up for a shot and thinks he gets hit. No foul was called and he proceeded to go back on defense, spinning his way down the court as he ran, holding his arm up in the air slapping it to show he felt he was fouled. When his team got the ball back, he continued slapping his arm demonstratively and looking at the official who did not make the call the first time. Next dead ball I told him to cut out the theatrics.

Now he is on the bench, (he is also the team captain/coach) pass/crash called against his team and he shoots of the bench stomping his feet and barking, calling official who is table-side lets it go and the player walks up and down the sideline next to the official barking in his ear.

Third event, still on the bench, ball goes out of bounds off his team. He jumps up pointing in his team's direction and when official points the other way, the player slaps his hands together loudly, stomps, and does a little spin near the bench while he says "Oh my gosh, wow!" At this point, I whack him.

Here is the question: Do you feel it was justified? I am the most experienced on the crew of 3, and my partners (as well as the supervisor) were amazed that I got him. Personally I couldn't believe the official let the reaction and riding go on the pass/crash call.
It's wreck league. If for some reason I didn't tag him here, I'd warn him to play ball, and I'd definitely tag him here.

If the third event still happened, he gets an early shower.