View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATRICK View Post
That goes against everything Mike and Steve just posted.
No it doesn't.

You take a sub when it happens. If the try to project, you tell them to come back with it when they want it to occur.

It is real simple. If you give me a change, I stop and make that change immediately. I don't wave or smile or nod, I stop the game, take my line-up card and make the change then and there. No multiple scenarios, what ifs or conditions. If you tell me 15 for 44, that change is effective the moment I write it down.

Why? Because if there is any reason for the game to stop at that point or I, as the plate umpire, cannot continue, that line-up card IS the official line up for both teams. There is no, "but I told him....." or "that isn't what I really wanted to do.." bull****. A UIC should be able to come to the field at any time during the game, take your line-up card and compare them to the scorebook and they should be identical.

That will not happen if the umpire's line-up card is not current and it cannot be current if the umpire accepts changes that have no yet taken place. Want to not see Sunday in a NC, do not have a current line-up card when there is a BOO protest.