View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 14, 2000, 01:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Art H
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JoeD1
[B]For the most part I completely ignore coaches comments and I do mean COMPLETELY ignore. If a coach is making comments such as the ones above, unless they're getting excessive or really hostile, I in no way, shape, or form even acknowledge that he exist. Only when they have a legitimate question do I take the time to explain why the call was made.

I think by completely ignoring (some) coaches you may give the impression that you don't have an answer for him and that you are not sure of your call. On the other hand by responding to a question or 2 you give the coach the impression that you're confident enough to back your call up, not that you have to explain yourself on every call. Prime example tonite, I had a boys game and the fouls were 6-1 against him. I made a call against his player, he stood up and said "look at the fouls". I quickly said "coach that doesn't mean anything". He said nothing more on the subject. But that's me and some of you other officials might simple completely ignore him.