View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:18am
Livin' The Dream

Defensive 3 seconds NFHS

Yep....i said it! And yep, I called it last night in a tournament game! Not too proud to admit that i made a mistake. Got my sides mixed up and as the C, watched the center for the defense dilly dally around in the lane for awhile and sure enough, I blow the whistle, signal 3 seconds on 52 black, and point the other way! WTF!!! Teams sheepishly start walking the other way. White #54 comes up to me and asks me who i called it on...I told him, 52 black. He says, we are white and we dont have a 52 on the floor. (((light bulb goes off)))
Son - of - a. So my partners were as confused as i was, black has the ball on the baseline. Proceed to tell them, my bad, white had possession on my bonehead call, white ball on the baseline. Coach was fine with it....known him for awhile....he just smiled, and said, i thought you were going to call a foul, then i would have been mad. of course, from the cheap seats...."get your head in the game!" To be expected. The tournament trail continues. Move on....one for the files. To be talked about over malted beverages for years to come.