View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
We've all reached, we've all missed. We'll all reach and miss again.

But if I'm the L here Im still a little pissed at 1) the lack of trust showed by the T 2) the over the top theatrics on the wrong call and 3) the complete lack of awareness of the L's whistle and preliminary.

And then when you go to youtube you see this same official calling a block from almost 50 ft away with the same BS over the top mechanics. So he now appears twice on this organization's videos of incorrectly calling out of his area and with clownish mechanics.

For his sake and the sake of basketball I sincerely hope he's learned to stop doing this.
I agree with all of this, and I would definitely be having a chat in the locker room afterwards, especially on the first video. He needs to have a more patient whistle and trust his partner who obviously has the right call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
This OP video, and the second video posted on page 2 of this thread are CLASSIC examples of why a play is much easier to officiate when the play coming towards an official rather than when it is moving away from an official.

Other than the fact that the calling official was wrong, I have no problem with his mechanics on these two plays. You have to know which 4-5 plays each game require you to sell it...and then SELL IT!
There is a difference between selling a call and looking like an absolute fool, and he is the latter. He would get made fun of around here for signals like that.

Like others have said, if you're going to use silly signals/mechanics like that, you had better be damn good and had better get calls right. In the second video he's looking through about three players when the contact happens.