View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:32am
Eschew obfuscation.

Pet Peeve: Sticky Mats

So this is a pet peeve of mine. When working NCAA games we have been instructed to move the sticky mats away from the "X" at the division line to abide rule 1-17:

Quote:
Art. 6.

Logos: The playing court must be completely finished in a manner that is similar throughout, including the three-foot area outside each sideline and six-foot area outside each end line. It is the responsibility of the host game management to ensure the court is of a consistent finish, including any logos or decals that are legally allowed on the floor.
I have watched three games on the NCAAM side in the past week (Xavier, UCLA and now Notre Dame), and all three games had the sticky mats sitting right on the "X" at the division line. If any of you have seen the video on the NCAA Central Hub, I can assure you that the rule is in place for not only the players' protection, but ours as well.

My question is: Why do these guys not move these mats!? Like I said earlier, if you've seen the video on the Central Hub, you would want them moved for your safety!

/end rant