View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 30, 2013, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOofficial View Post
I'm thinking this was about 7:55 second half.

Jim Burr was the calling official.

Ole Miss gets a rebound and my initial reaction was that's a foul on the Kentucky player going underneath the Ole Miss player on the rebound. As that happens the Ole Miss player falls to the ground with clear possession of the ball all the way down, so now I'm thinking travel. Well that's what I get for thinking as neither was called. So I rewind it and upon further review when the Ole Miss player fell to the floor he was half way out of bounds and you guessed it, no call.

Play on boys we're going the other way. 2 wrongs don't make a right so what about 3 wrongs?

I just started scratching my head then flipped back over to US Of Bacon.
I saw that....at a minimum two calls were missed (the travel and the OOB). Even if he judged the player wasn't holding the ball when he fell (he was holding it) there is no reason to ignore a guy clearly laying such that a good part of his arm and shoulder were OOB.

If he wanted to not call a foul and let a little bit go, I can see that. But things that obvious, you really can't ignore those...you must take a step back and get the foul if the foul causes that.