Thread: 4 on the floor
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 30, 2013, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
The rule is 10-1-9. I used a 2011-12 online rule book by mistake.

Sorry. I have never called this and I have never called having 6 players on the floor.

We actually had it happen Saturday night. During a FT, sub comes in, sub goes out, but is told he is not the one coming out, we give the ball to FT shooter, he shoots and I hear the coach say "Jimmy, get off the court" I turn to see him coming off. I count and realize that we had 6 players. I go to lead official and say " B had 6 players, are we going to call a "T"?" Partner says, no the clock never started. I know that the ball was live, but I don't want to make a big deal out of it, it's a 10 point game with under 2 mins to go. Shooting coach didn't make a deal of it. We moved on.
This is where I like the NBA rule better...it's only becomes a technical foul when the ball is released on a free throw that will remain in play afterward.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.