View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 25, 2013, 01:39am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
I don't think so. The tournament assignments come from the AA, but you have to get into the pool first. In many sports, one of the ways into the pool is for the local officials associations to vote on the best officials in their group. There could be the appearance of impropriety there (you vote for me and I'll make sure you get the good games), even if it's not true.
You don't think so what?

Well that seems to be a flaw in your system if that situation is the case. Assignors in our system give us the games during the regular season of course, but the regular official has little influence on what that does for assignor. We do have a Top 15 list that Certified (the top classification that takes some years to get to) Officials can send to the state, but that list is private and goes directly to the state. They take percentages in ratings and Top 15 list percentages and that helps them make the decision (These are only 10 total points to a 40 Point Power Rating). This is why our assignors can work games because someone like myself has very little if any influence on who gets a playoff game and they have little influence other than giving me games to do the same. And it is up to me as an official to work with assignors I feel comfortable with and if they were trying to use their power to get on Top 15 lists or use other tactics, it would not likely go over very well or not work all together. I guess I never get the states that have associations with so much power and not give that power to the state or some independent body to make those kinds of decisions. Any voting just opens up for politics and favoritism.

Peace