View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 25, 2013, 12:34am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
I'm ok with the idea of a no call because you don't feel the spirit, intent, or letter of a rule has been violated. You don't see the pushing and shoving effecting the post player no call it. You see a hand check but it doesn't impact the ball carrier and you want to no call it thats fine too. Kid has foot in the key but never recieves the ball or looks to recieve it, so you don't call 3 in the key that is fine with me. Kid is really deep and not really trying to defend, no call on the defense getting run over.
I don't think all four of these things go together that well. In the first three, the official chose the no call because, basically, nothing happened.

In the last example, something happened. In the last play, the defender was run over. He did a good thing, even if by accident. He took away the path to the basket and prevented a score. It doesn't matter if he was "not trying to defend." It doesn't matter how deep he was in the key. He was run over. He was displaced. Something happened.

This is just wrong.

Lonesome Dove