View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 24, 2013, 08:01pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
I'm ok with the idea of a no call because you don't feel the spirit, intent, or letter of a rule has been violated. You don't see the pushing and shoving effecting the post player no call it. You see a hand check but it doesn't impact the ball carrier and you want to no call it thats fine too. Kid has foot in the key but never recieves the ball or looks to recieve it, so you don't call 3 in the key that is fine with me. Kid is really deep and not really trying to defend, no call on the defense getting run over.

I'm also willing to support an official who tightly applies the rule. Kid was in the key for 3 seconds official called three seconds. Kid put his hands on the ball handler and u think its too much so you call it. Post players have to respect time, space and cylinder so when the start pushing each other off spots the ref calls fouls. Player has legal guarding position and gets run over, so we call a charge.

Here's what I (and most officials I know) would never be ok with. Kid was not in the key, but we call 3 seconds. Kid does not put his hands on the offensive player, but we call a handcheck. Post player stands holding his own space but we call him for pushing off. Player establishes LGP and does nothing illegal, is not responsible for the contact and gets called for a block or other foul.

I'm ok with whatever your personal feelings are about deep players and drawing charges so long as your choices are call the rule as written or no call the situation. I'm not ok with the idea of making up non existent calls to get the game played the way we want it to be played.
+1

Well said.

Peace